Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- IBM links with Indiegogo, Visa, Bosch and more in $3B IoT push – TechCrunch – “The Visa deal will see IBM embed Visa’s tokenization technology (the security layer for mobile and other transactions that means no payment details get stored in the payment instrument) into its Watson IoT platform. This will mean that any connected device on a network powered by Watson can become a point of sale. This will be the first time that a company has worked with Visa — which powers 60 percent of the world’s transactions — to monetize IoT, IBM says. (Likely use cases will involve large networks of payment points in retail or public locations, for example.)”
- State Bank of India Launches New Blockchain Finance Consortium – Coindesk – “India’s largest bank is spearheading a newly unveiled consortium focused on blockchain applications. According to local news outlets, the State Bank of India – which Fortune says held nearly $450bn in assets as of last year – is partnering with several technology firms and a group of domestic commercial banks on a new initiative dubbed ‘Bankchain’.”
- Kenya Bankers Association develops banking industry switch with Tieto – Payments Cards & Mobile – “The Tieto-developed payments software will enable KBA, via a subsidiary company called Integrated Payments Service Limited (IPSL), to develop instant payment services for the 45 KBA-member banks, becoming the first real-time interbank transaction platform in East-Africa region.”
- The Art of the Invisible Payment – FIS Payments Leader blog – “Invisible payments are quickly becoming mainstream, with a variety of approaches designed to make paying invisible and effortless.”
ON THE WIRES
- Cayan’s New Genius Handheld Drives a More Dynamic Sales Experience Anywhere in Store – “Cayan®, a payment technology company, today announced the launch of their new Genius® Handheld™, a first-of-its-kind, semi-integrated, EMV enabled mobile payment device in the U.S. that helps retailers reinvent the in-store shopping experience for consumers.”
- Billtrust launches Virtual Card Capture for effortless, automated virtual credit card acceptance – “Billtrust, the leader in payment cycle management, announced today the release of Virtual Card Capture. This powerful new solution addresses a growing problem for accounts receivable departments. Increasingly, buyers are sending payments via email with one-time use credit cards, often called virtual cards. These are expensive to manage and create a huge burden for resource strapped organizations.”
- 32 Million Credit Cardholders Haven’t Changed Favorite Card in 10+ Years – “32 million U.S. credit cardholders haven’t changed their preferred credit card in at least a decade and another 21 million have never switched, according to a new CreditCards.com report. “
- TerraPay Joins Forces With MoneyTrans and Paga to Make Cross Border Remittance Easy Between Europe and Nigeria – “TerraPay, a mobile-first international payment network, today announced that it has partnered with MoneyTrans, a leading Money Transfer company established in Europe and Africa as well as Paga, Nigeria’s pioneering payments and financial services company to launch cross-border remittances from Spain to mobile wallets in Nigeria.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
The next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp is March 7-8, 2017 in San Jose, CA. On March 9, still in San Jose, will be our Digital Payments Insight Workshop. Following that, our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop combination will be in New York City in April followed by Atlanta in May. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook’s Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!