Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Vantiv Offers Worldpay a Deal Valued at $10 Billion – New York Times DealBook – “Worldpay Group, the British payment processing company, said on Wednesday that it had agreed in principle to be acquired by Vantiv, an American rival, for 7.7 billion pounds. The transaction, valued at about $10 billion, is one of the most significant in the field since the financial crisis. Payment processing has become increasingly important for financial institutions as more people shop online and move money using cellphones or other digital devices.”
- Tesco brings mobile and contactless rewards to millions of UK supermarket shoppers – NFC World – “UK-based supermarket giant Tesco has launched a contactless version of its Clubcard reward scheme that lets customers “simply tap at the checkout to add their points”. The retailer has also updated its Tesco Clubcard app to let customers use their smartphones to access their vouchers at the point of sale “at the touch of a button”.”
ON THE WIRES
- CM Acquires Payment Institution Docdata Payments from Ingram Micro – “Netherlands-based mobile service provider acquires payment institution Docdata Payments from its American owner Ingram Micro. This was agreed this Monday by both parties. Docdata Payments (www.docdatapayments.com) processes payments for European companies, mainly in the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium. The 35 employees will be transferred to CM (cm.com).”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Understanding the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry has never been more important. Get the knowledge you need fast at one of our two day Payments Boot Camps. Our one day Insight Workshops follow each Boot Camp and are deep dives into key topics. Take a discount for attending all three days. Here’s our fall schedule:
- Payments Boot Camp, October 3-4, 2017, San Jose, CA, Logistics
- Payments Boot Camp, October 17-18, 2017, NYC, NY, Logistics
- Payments Boot Camp, December 5-6, 2017, Palo Alto, CA, Logistics
- Global Payments, October 5, 2017, San Jose, CA, Logistics
- Digital Payments, October 19, 2017, NYC, NY, Logistics
- Innovation in Payments, December 7, 2017, Palo Alto, CA, Logistics
For more, click here. We hope to see you soon!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook’s Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!