Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments RFID is a real thing, and RFID-blocking wallets do block it—but the question is “does it matter”? We weren’t able to find any credible reports of actual, real-world RFID identity or credit card theft. consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Finance Chiefs Want You to Use Plastic, Not Paper – Wall Street Journal (Paywall) – “Companies are giving more of their employees corporate credit cards as they seek easier expense tracking and savings from suppliers.”
- Now pay taxes, apply for PAN via CBDT mobile app – LiveMint – “The app is in the series of actions taken by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to provide better taxpayer services and reduce grievances. The new initiative is a step by the I-T department to directly communicate with the taxpayers on a range of multiple informative and useful tax services aimed at providing tax information at their fingertips.”
- Ripple’s XRP: Giving the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency a Second Look – Coindesk – “Among investors, Ripple is one the most divisive cryptocurrencies around – it’s either loved or despised, both with equal passion. Even more than ethereum, I believe, it’s misunderstood because it’s so different from bitcoin. But, being number three in market cap (actually number two, but more on that later), I can’t really avoid writing about it.”
ON THE WIRES
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Understanding the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry has never been more important. Get the knowledge you need fast at one of our two day Payments Boot Camps. Our one day Insight Workshops follow each Boot Camp and are deep dives into key topics. Take a discount for attending all three days. Here’s our fall schedule:
- Payments Boot Camp, October 3-4, 2017, San Jose, CA, Logistics
- Payments Boot Camp, October 17-18, 2017, NYC, NY, Logistics
- Payments Boot Camp, December 5-6, 2017, Palo Alto, CA, Logistics
- Global Payments, October 5, 2017, San Jose, CA, Logistics
- Digital Payments, October 19, 2017, NYC, NY, Logistics
- Innovation in Payments, December 7, 2017, Palo Alto, CA, Logistics
For more, click here. We hope to see you soon!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook’s Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!